I've recently noticed some suspicious activity surrounding a bunch of new user accounts created these past 9 days.
These users are (from newest to oldest):
I suspect they all belong to the same person for following reasons:
- They have the same gravatar, suggesting they might be using the same email address.
- Similar pattern of names (4-6 letters with 0-3 numbers, no uppercase letters, no whitespaces, most are Asian-sounding).
- All posted only 1 question, no answers.
- Most are poorly received (negative score).
- Most are closed for various reasons, but mostly for being off-topic or unclear (i.e. not a real question).
- Apparently no activity after asking their question (no comment to clarify their issue, no accepted answers, no edits). The only exception is mazar, who posted a single comment.
- Most (5 out of 9) posts are just a single paragraph. One was edited by someone else to break it into multiple paragraphs.
While none of these points suggest multiple account on their own, there are just too many coincidences to ignore.
I wouldn't normally point out something as trivial as someone making multiple accounts (especially not based on mere speculation), since they don't appear to be breaking any rules at first glance. But the fact is that for the past 9 days they have posted 7 low-quality/off-topic questions. Normally, the system would impose a question rate limit on new contributors if they asked too many low-quality/off-topic questions in too short amount of time.
Assuming they are indeed the same person, this would indicate that they are attempting to bypass the question rate limit by creating new accounts all the time. And the rules clearly state that creating multiple accounts to circumvent limitations is not allowed: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/help/question-limited
Deleting your account, or creating multiple accounts will also not help. If you attempt to circumvent these restrictions, you risk not being able to use the site at all for quite some time, and put the use of the site by your co-workers in serious jeopardy. You can lift this block in just a few days with a bit of effort and some good answers, please don't try to get around it any other way.
Can a moderator check if my suspicions are correct?