Yesterday, I came across this answer. It was answering the Terraria question 'Can Rocket Boots be found in chests?'.
Yep. That's right. It is a list so long that my browser can only just zoom out enough to see it all.
Let me give you a brief summary of the question, the answer, and the problems with that answer.
- OP has not yet gotten rocket boots and is trying to get some
- Has looked at wikis and had no luck
- OP wants a confirmation as to whether rocket boots can be found in chests
Community Wiki post, 14 revisions by 3 users
Is extremely outdated and all the wiki links are broken (Standard practice is to downvote for outdated post and update the links)
Has only one sentence directly related to the question
No, the Rocket Boots can not be found in any chests, don't drop from shadow orbs or bosses...
Has an extremely long list listing nearly every single item that drops from something or can be found in something (which is nearly every item in the game at the time of answering).
This list was not asked for and is not directly related to the question
This meta post states that we should not include incredibly long posts if they are not asked for, however it does not state what we should do about existing ones.
So, the big question: What should we do with this post? I can come up with four main ideas:
- leave it as-is, 3 people put lots of work into this at the time and their work should not be wasted
- edit to summarise each part of the list with links to relevant wiki pages
- edit the entire list out
- delete the post
I am personally leaning towards options 3 and 4.