Why am I disillusioned?
In my opinion, the whole stack exchange network has started to rot.
Moderators seem to be incapable of differentiating between abusive behaviour and defensive behaviour. As a result, they have been allowing abusers to run rampant carrying out their attacks unchallenged. I personally have observed and experienced numerous instances where moderators actively participate in abuse against users merely trying to protect themselves from the abusers.
This combined with the company's promulgated efforts to retain users seems to have resulted in a misguided desire "protect" new users at all costs.
- When new users come to the expecting and even demanding "service", they're not to be taken to task.
- Instead of teaching new users when they do wrong, the effort is to molly-coddle them regardless of negativity they bring.
- As a result the network is likely to breed a caucus of retained users who have never learnt to improve their own behaviour.
Sadly I have serious concerns that a once-great network of sites is headed to self-destruction.
Member for 9 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 1 '15 at 10:46
- Stack Overflow 13.9k 13.9k 33 gold badges3939 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 2k 2k 1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Arqade 350 350 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Super User 341 341 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Code Review 277 277 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 62 Compare DATETIME and DATE ignoring time portion
- 34 What would the effect of removing death saves and just having characters die at 0HP be?
- 25 Delphi object create inside try block?
- 23 Equivalent of cmd's "where" in powershell
- 23 Declare public global variable in Delphi
- 22 Delphi GUI Testing and Modal Forms
- 20 Indexes with included columns, what's the difference?
- View more network posts →