I used to play mostly old stuff, but thanks to Good Old Games (aka GOG), I've been finding lesser-known new stuff too. Such as Victor Vran, a Diabloesque ARPG with intense action. Or Star Ruler 2, a great "conquer the universe" game in which I discover more depth every time I play it.
I used to be a big Blizzard fan, from back in the WarCraft II days, but they jumped the shark with the StarCraft II EULA. Diablo III will not be getting my money:
- A company doesn't have a right to tell me I can't play their game offline without logging into their server first.
- A company doesn't have a right to require that each member of a household buy the game over again in order to play the "full" game.
Back in the days of spawning, with WarCraft II, Diablo, and StarCraft, Blizzard was a great company. Greed has ruined them.
St Louis, MO
Member for 9 years, 9 months
33 profile views
Last seen May 26 at 7:20
- Stack Overflow 177.9k 177.9k 3131 gold badges169169 silver badges202202 bronze badges
- Arqade 6k 6k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Travel 1.6k 1.6k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 10723 How do I undo the most recent local commits in Git?
- 1037 Move the most recent commit(s) to a new branch with Git
- 731 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 403 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 369 git-diff to ignore ^M
- 342 git rebase: "error: cannot stat 'file': Permission denied"
- 326 Html.ActionLink as a button or an image, not a link
- View more network posts →