I used to play mostly old stuff, but thanks to Good Old Games (aka GOG), I've been finding lesser-known new stuff too. Such as Victor Vran, a Diabloesque ARPG with intense action. Or Star Ruler 2, a great "conquer the universe" game in which I discover more depth every time I play it.
I used to be a big Blizzard fan, from back in the WarCraft II days, but they jumped the shark with the StarCraft II EULA. Diablo III will not be getting my money:
- A company doesn't have a right to tell me I can't play their game offline without logging into their server first.
- A company doesn't have a right to require that each member of a household buy the game over again in order to play the "full" game.
Back in the days of spawning, with WarCraft II, Diablo, and StarCraft, Blizzard was a great company. Greed has ruined them.
St Louis, MO
Member for 10 years, 11 months
39 profile views
Last seen Jul 9 at 7:50
- Stack Overflow 188.7k 188.7k 3535 gold badges174174 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- Arqade 6.9k 6.9k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 3.8k 3.8k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.6k 3.6k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Travel 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 11380 How do I undo the most recent local commits in Git?
- 1140 Move the most recent commit(s) to a new branch with Git
- 736 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 413 git-diff to ignore ^M
- 404 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 375 git rebase: "error: cannot stat 'file': Permission denied"
- 333 Html.ActionLink as a button or an image, not a link
- View more network posts →