I used to play mostly old stuff, but thanks to Good Old Games (aka GOG), I've been finding lesser-known new stuff too. Such as Victor Vran, a Diabloesque ARPG with intense action. Or Star Ruler 2, a great "conquer the universe" game in which I discover more depth every time I play it.
I used to be a big Blizzard fan, from back in the WarCraft II days, but they jumped the shark with the StarCraft II EULA. Diablo III will not be getting my money:
- A company doesn't have a right to tell me I can't play their game offline without logging into their server first.
- A company doesn't have a right to require that each member of a household buy the game over again in order to play the "full" game.
Back in the days of spawning, with WarCraft II, Diablo, and StarCraft, Blizzard was a great company. Greed has ruined them.
St Louis, MO
Member for 10 years, 6 months
33 profile views
Last seen Feb 14 at 16:52
- Stack Overflow 185.3k 185.3k 3535 gold badges171171 silver badges204204 bronze badges
- Arqade 6.8k 6.8k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.6k 3.6k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Travel 2.3k 2.3k 1717 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 11177 How do I undo the most recent local commits in Git?
- 1108 Move the most recent commit(s) to a new branch with Git
- 735 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 403 Enable remote connections for SQL Server Express 2012
- 401 git-diff to ignore ^M
- 366 git rebase: "error: cannot stat 'file': Permission denied"
- 330 Html.ActionLink as a button or an image, not a link
- View more network posts →