"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623 – 1662)
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding." ~ Abraham Kaplan (1918 – 1993), The Conduct of Inquiry: Methodology for Behavioral Science, 1964, page 28.
"All that is complex is not useful; all that is useful is simple." ~ Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919 – 2013)
"The cost of a mistake is the time required to correct it. With powerful languages and good programming environments, this cost can be greatly reduced. Programming style can then depend less on planning and more on exploration." ~ Paul Graham (1964 – ), ANSI Common Lisp, 1995.
- Stack Overflow 14.1k 14.1k 99 gold badges8484 silver badges113113 bronze badges
- Skeptics 4.6k 4.6k 22 gold badges2828 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Super User 1.5k 1.5k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1k 1k 1010 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Arqade 926 926 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 149 Display a decimal in scientific notation
- 141 Error in slick.js: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of null"
- 123 How do I use raw_input in Python 3
- 120 How to pad zeroes to a string?
- 97 How do I set headers using python's urllib?
- 81 Does America not lead the world in mass shootings?
- 48 IPTC metadata automatically added to uploaded images on Facebook
- View more network posts →