Early web dev (1999 to around when jQuery came out), a decade of C++ in stock exchanges, and now Java in ad tech.
Here, you may know me from the early days of SOCVR which I founded, or moderating the Craft Beer Stack Exchange.
At home these days I'm tinkering with fractal-based data compression, thinking about how we can humanize programming paradigms, and writing code to disassemble / analyze the 1994 SNES game Super Metroid.
New York, NY, United States
Member for 5 years, 7 months
9 profile views
Last seen Jun 7 '16 at 0:34
- Stack Overflow 24.6k 24.6k 1111 gold badges6868 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Beer, Wine & Spirits 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Mathematica 3.1k 3.1k 1111 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.7k 2.7k 1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 392 Regular expression to allow spaces between words
- 185 Can a coin with an unknown bias be treated as fair?
- 105 Is there anything better I can say to coworkers after taking a day off for mental health, when they ask?
- 102 Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 86 Free, lightweight, all-in-one, audio and video format converter
- 65 Is it possible to increment numbers using regex substitution?
- 53 Why use static RAM addresses instead of the stack?
- View more network posts →