Exclusive tag for the 'Screenshot of the Week' feature on the Meta site.
Initiated after an open call for community events instigated by the 2019 community check-in at the end of November 2019, the Screenshot of the Week offers a platform for all users to upload a single static screenshot to the dedicated weekly thread.
The screenshot with the most upvotes will be featured in the announcement post of the following week's thread.
The rules of the Screenshot of the Week contest are as follows:
- One screenshot per post, and one post per person.
- Limited picture modifications are allowed, such as cropping, simple filters, and blurring of identifying info such as names, but not adding other images or text.
- Only screenshots taken by the users themselves rather than ones found online are allowed.
- Stack Exchange’s Code of Conduct still applies - so if it would be unacceptable to post normally, it’s unacceptable here.
- Per thread, submissions will be allowed for a single week.
- To give every submission - including those posted at the end of the first week - a chance to be voted on by everyone, a second week-long period after this initial week-long submission period will be allowed for voting only.
- After the end of the second week, only upvotes will be counted to determine the winning screenshot.
- The winning screenshot will be featured in the next Screenshot of the Week thread.
- Screenshots including spoilers are discouraged, but can still be uploaded provided they are placed inside a spoiler markdown tag (
- Regularly, the competition will be governed by a theme, and submissions deviating from this theme won't be considered for the contest.