In continuation to the great idea proposed previously, I believe that we should actively work towards running - or at least sponsoring - a StarCraft 2 tournament.
I have already discussed this with Robert, and it is my understanding that it is possible for us to get funding from SE if we propose a solid plan. This question is a request for such a plan.
Answers to this question need to propose a plan where gaming.SE will gain publicity as a sponsor for a SC2 tournament, either by just sponsoring an existing event or by running our own event.
- Funding is not final; at the moment please limit your plan to a budget of around 1000$.
- If you propose to fund an existing tournament:
- Provide details about the tournament structure - tournament style, number of games, length, famous players involved, where games are broadcasted, who the casters are.
- Provide details about the amount of visibility that tournament generates. Information about previous sponsors and the impact on them can be useful (e.g. showing the amount of Google searches or page visits they got during the tournament).
- If you propose to run our own event:
- Provide details about the tournament structure - tournament style, number of games, cash awards involved.
- Explain how famous players will be drawn.
- Explain who will cast the tournament and whether it will be broadcasted live.
- List what sort of positions we will need volunteers for.
Finally, if you can think of any idea that will increase visibility for our site beyond just mentioning our name as sponsors, please share it - add it as an answer even if it's not a complete tournament plan.
Remember, this is a PR event paid for by SE. Our primary goal is to promote our site, to increase its traffic and visibility.