I have a question about why both my pokemon x game and pokemon y game will no longer allow me to connect to my router (for both the wonder gift torchic and for GTS), but I am not sure if can apply to problems with routers, or with handhelds, because it seems to mostly be about actual bugs with a game itself, usually on a computer. I can't ask it on super user either, because they have no 3DS tag and I doubt they would appreciate questions that do not apply to computers themselves. Can I ask tech issue questions about a 3DS and a router here, even though it does not relate directly to the game?

| |
  • If it helps, I have totally asked questions like this, and gotten good help here! :) – Ash Oct 23 '13 at 21:53

Yes you may. Connecting a gaming device to a network falls under Game-specific hardware and utilities. As you've pointed out, the people at SuperUser may not know what settings to check on a 3DS, while people here will.

The technical-issues tag is not required. All the other questions we have regarding gaming devices and routers are simply tagged with the device in question.

| |
  • 2
    So it should just be tagged 3ds networking? – The Ugly Oct 23 '13 at 15:41
  • Sounds like a good place to start. – au revoir Oct 23 '13 at 15:45
  • Well, the question's up and I haven't been smitten by dozens of angry stackers, so I guess I have you to thank for that :) – The Ugly Oct 23 '13 at 20:25
  • 1
    @TheUgly - We're never angry, just efficient :). Don't be afraid of tagging things - you seem to have a pretty good grasp already, and if someone sees an issue, they'll retag it for you. – Robotnik Oct 24 '13 at 2:15

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .