Can we merge with ?

IMO they're basically the same thing and has the larger quantity of questions on it.

| |
  • Isn't a joystick a specific controller only available for PC? When someone says controller I think of a controller for an Xbox, PS or Nintendo console (or their PC equivalents) not a joystick/flightstick. – Assile Aug 4 '12 at 17:19
  • 2
    Many older consoles also had a joystick either as the primary controller (early Atari consoles) or an optional addon (NES, SNES, N64, any Sega...) Analogue sticks are basically a modern interpretation of Joysticks anyway :) – user27134 Aug 4 '12 at 17:32
  • Ah, ok, I'm a little too young to remember those consoles. In that case merging would be a better idea indeed. – Assile Aug 4 '12 at 17:39
  • While it is not that big of a deal joining these tags, "joysticks" are still used for certain kinds of genres. All current consoles still have joysticks in form or fight-sticks, arcade-sticks or arcade-controllers. You will hear all three expressions, depending on whom you ask. They are mainly used for beat em up or fighting games. Check out the Wikipedia entry: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_controller – ayckoster Aug 13 '12 at 13:41

This has been actioned, meta post wasn't updated.

| |

You must log in to answer this question.