This contest has officially ended. Congratulations to our winners! They are as follows (drumroll...):
The 5 winners of the $25 League of Legends game cards are:
And our lucky Grand Prize Winner, receiving the graphics card of his choice, is timlan!
A lot of great questions and answers came out of this contest, and I hope it was fun for everyone, especially our new users who came over from the ggClassic. Thanks to everyone who participated! If you are one of our winners, you will be contacted shortly via email.
Edit: To allow for questions during the tournament replays next week, the deadline for contest submissions has been extended until Wednesday, 7/25 at 11:59 pm UTC.
The Next Leaguecraft ggClassic kicks off on July 14th, and we’re the title sponsor! To help the pros as they do battle, and make spectating a little more fun, we’re holding a contest to see who can ask and answer the best league-of-legends questions on Arqade.
Entering the contest is easy, but giving yourself a fighting chance at winning is the real challenge. Arqade is all about quality and helping you find the best way to win that match. So, only great posts will be eligible for prizes. See below for tips to make your post great!
- The contest will run for the duration of the Next Leaguecraft ggClassic, from July 14th to July 22nd. Only questions and answers posted between July 14th at 12:01 am UTC and July 25th at 11:59 pm UTC will be eligible for the contest.
- All questions must be related to League of Legends. Make sure you tag it league-of-legends or it won’t count for the contest.
- Only answers to questions tagged league-of-legends will count for the contest.
- Only questions and answers with a score of 5 or more will be eligible for prizes.
- Each post you make that has a score of 5 or more when the contest ends gets you one entry into a raffle for prizes. However, each post that is closed or has a negative score when the contest ends will subtract one of your entries. So make sure that what you post is good!
What makes a good question or answer?
First of all, Arqade is not a forum. Arqade is for specific, practical Q&A. If you want to chat about something, awesome - we have a chat room for that! But don’t just post a discussion thread as a question - it will get closed and you’ll lose raffle entries.
Generally, anything related to gameplay is on topic. That includes (but of course isn’t limited to!) things like:
- Puzzle solving
- Game mechanics and terminology
- Plot and characters in games
- Game-specific hardware
Some examples of things that are off topic include:
- Game development
- Game identification
- Shopping advice
For more info, check out our FAQ.
Before you post a question, try to make sure it fits within the scope of the site and hasn’t been asked before. If you ask a good question, people will vote it up. If you provide a helpful answer, people will vote that up too. However, posts that don’t fit within the scope of the site will be voted down or closed, and you will lose entries.
The Prizes: On to the good part!
- How to win: Every League of Legends post you make (question or answer) that ends the contest with a score of 5 or more will get you one entry into a raffle for prizes.
- One lucky Grand Prize winner will receive a graphics card of his/her choice, worth up to $250!
- We're also giving away $25 League of Legends Game Cards to five First Prize winners!
Lots of chances to win, so play, ask, answer and get excited!