The deadline for applying to this game grant has now passed.
The winners for this round are:
- Mr. November
- Ivo Flipse
- Mr Smooth
Congratulations to our winners, and thanks to everyone who entered! We do game giveaways pretty frequently, so if you weren't selected this time, definitely check back.
Winners: if we need more information from you, you will be contacted shortly. Otherwise, your order will be placed asap.
If you selected Diablo 3, I will do my best to get orders placed today. Orders for Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon will be placed shortly thereafter.
Welcome to Round 3 of the Gaming Promotional Grant! This round’s featured games are Diablo 3 (standard edition), Max Payne 3, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Have fun while helping us create a wonderful database of information about these three games!
How it works:
- Eligibility: All users with at least 300 reputation on gaming.stackexchange.com are eligible to receive one of these games for free.
- Requirements: All you have to do is ask 8 questions about your new game within the first 2 weeks of playing it. If you fulfill your commitment, you’ll be eligible for the next round (eligible, not guaranteed). If not, no worries - you just sit the next round out, but will still be eligible for future rounds.
- Up to 20 users will be selected at random to receive the game of their choice.
- Time frame: to allow us enough time to place orders before the games are released, applications will be accepted until Thursday May 10th at 11:59 pm UTC.
To enter, fill out this form, specifying which game you want and your prefered purchase method.
Please note: for this round, we are allowing reimbursements. If you have already pre-purchased one of these games, you may apply for the grant and be reimbursed. That means that for this round, if you happened to purchase a collector's edition, you can still get reimbursed for the cost of the standard edition.
However, for future grants, we will not be doing reimbursements; we will only be able to buy the game for you. We are able to purchase games from Amazon vendors that service countries besides the US (e.g. amazon.co.uk, amazon.de), so this should not raise concerns about regional lockout.
- I've had several questions about how to fill out the form if you want a reimbursement. If you are getting a reimbursements, just indicate which game you purchased in the question "What game would you like?" and in the following question select "reimburse me."
- According to Blizzard's Store FAQ, you are able to gift digital downloads. However, upon calling and speaking to a customer service rep, we were told that this is a new feature and it is being rolled out gradually. It is unclear whether digital gifting will be available for Diablo 3.
- Therefore: if you have already filled out the form requesting that we gift you a digital copy, you will be contacted individually if and when you are selected. If gifting is available, we will do that. Otherwise, we will arrange a same-day delivery through Amazon or you will have the option to purchase the game yourself and be reimbursed.
- For those who have not yet filled out the form, you may still request that we gift you a digital copy, and we will do so if the option is available. If not, you will be contacted with the same options as above.
The deadline for applying for the game grant ends 5 days before the Diablo 3 release, so either way there will be plenty of time to figure this out.