This question already has an answer here:
UPDATE: Identify this game (ITG) questions based on the asker's memory are now off topic on the site.
The community reached this decision with 34 vs 27 votes
New ITG questions will be closed immediately, and we will start applying this policy retroactively in time.
Following a series of discussions carried out here on meta, we have attempted to address the current situation of "Identify This Game" questions on Gaming. The situation is complex, and both sides have put forth arguments as to why they should be permitted or prohibited.
The time has come to make a decision. We've narrowed the field to two choices:
- Identify this game questions should be prohibited.
- Identify this game questions should be allowed, under the guidelines given here
If you need to review the previous debates on the subject, (and I highly suggest that you do) each answer has a rundown of the relevant meta posts. You may also wish to review the thread that started this debate:
A few ground rules:
- Voting will end one week after this question is posted, on the 16th of March, at around 18:00 UTC.
- Downvotes will be ignored to standardize the voting process. Express your opinion with upvotes.
- Be civil - no attacking people who don't agree with you.