We're doing some preliminary planning for an SE organized uber pro-level online tournament and would like feedback, suggestions, criticisms...
- The game is either StarCraft 2, Battlefield 3 or League of Legends (good reasons for one or the other?)
- Up to 64 teams may enter (unless there's way more entries than we anticipate)- part of the bracket will be dedicated for teams led by you, and the rest will be for invited pro teams
- SE would feature two livestreams, the leaderboard/results bracket, and other stuff on a tournament page
- Prize dough to the top finishers
- You invite pro gamers you worship and SE will invite top gamers/teams as well.
- Tournament may last something like a week with match timing and all organized by SE and public on the tournament page
- Separate prize pools for SE users
The point of this tournament is not to necessarily recruit new users to the site, but to market the Gaming.SE site to new and influential people that otherwise would not see or hear about the site.