Community Promotion Ads - 1H 2012
What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is Going On Here?
TL;DR -- put images and links in the answers. If they get voted up enough, they will appear on the main site as community promotion ads.
This is a method for the community to control what gets promoted to visitors on the site. For example, on a gaming site, you might promote the following things:
- your ventrilo server
- the site's twitter account
- indie games that are awesome, but people might not know about
- game servers or gaming nights
- cool events or conferences
- anything else your community would genuinely be interested in
The goal is for future visitors to find out about the stuff your community deems important. And to click on it for great justice!
Unlike Stack Overflow's similar initiative, you do not have to be advertising a free service, or libre software to take part in this initiative. Advertisements for non-free stuff is perfectly acceptable.
How does it work?
The answers you post to this question must conform to the following rules, or they will be ignored.
All answers should be in the exact form of:
[![Tagline to show on mouseover]] : http://image-url : http://clickthrough-url
Please do not add anything else to the body of the post. If you want to discuss something, do it in the comments.
The question must always be tagged with the magic community-ads tag.
- The image that you create must be 220 x 250 pixels
- Must be hosted through our standard image uploader (imgur)
- Must be GIF or PNG
- No animated GIFs
- Absolute limit on file size of 150 KB
There is a minimum score threshold an answer must meet (currently 6) before it will be shown on the main site.
You can check out the ads that have met the threshold with basic click stats here.