Visit this post to see my proposal on MCBE NBT question split.
Here is a list of the changes that should be done if we approve of it:
If a question about BE NBT is possible using one of these, this should be its duplicate target. This includes all questions that would use NBT in Java Edition, even if the Bedrock Edition solution is different/doesn't involve commands.
- How do I use commands to give myself a certain potion/tipped arrow from the Creative Inventory? If the asker wants to give themself (or another player) a potion or tipped arrow obtainable from the Creative Inventory.
Answer: Data values
- How do I use
CanDestroyin Minecraft commands?
- How do I detect whether a player has an item in their inventory or in a specific slot?
- How do I use commands to give a player an item with custom properties?
Answer: Load a structure containing the item entity on top of the player. Details.
- How do I summon a charged creeper?
Answer: Spawn event:
- How do I summon a named mob?
/summon chicken MrCluckCluck 1 2 3or
/summon creeper 1 2 3 minecraft:become_charged MrBoomBoom
- How do I get a block with data to place myself? Applies to chests with items, signs with text, command blocks
Answer: Use CTRL + "pick block" on computer.(default middle mouse button). Impossible using touch controls, but this should still be the duplicate target.
- How do I set a block with data to a certain position? Applies to chests with items, signs with text, command blocks
Answer: Place block with data in template location. Use
/cloneto copy it to new position.
- How do I summon a baby mob?
Answer: Use spawn event
minecraft:as_babyfor drowned/zombies and
minecraft:entity_bornfor all other mobs.
- How do I summon a villager with a certain profession?
Answer: Spawn events, see full list on Minecraft Wiki and find villager ones.
Use these questions as duplicate targets, not duplicate pointers.
How can I obtain items that exceed their maximum enchantment level?Nope, not doing that anymore because it can be solved with an NBT editor.
Problems that can't be solved and should be duplicates of the main question
- How do I give myself potions with custom effects? If the asker explicitly states that they want their own custom effects of the potion and not one available from the Creative Inventory
- How do I give myself an item with a custom lore?
- How do I give myself a skull with custom owner?
How do I detect items in a certain item slot?Now possible with new
- How do I add attribute modifiers to items?
- How do I reference NBT in the
Express your approval/disapproval of these changes by upvoting/downvoting this post and upvoting/downvoting the original discussion visitable using the link at the top of my post. The proposed changes will be started on August 12, 2020 at 00:00 UTC if there is no direct opposition.
Suggestions for more items? Comment below.