Last week, a proposal was announced on Meta Stack Exchange to address the growing workload of the CM team, and for them to actually start addressing community requests and feedback again: Our Commitment to Responding to Meta and Moderators.
Long story short, if something requires review by a CM, we should tag it status-review and they will get to it when they can. This new system is set to start soon, following a short trial period beginning March 16.
I thought it might be a good idea for us to review some of our old bugs and feature-requests, to see if there's any that we should bring to SE's attention. Note this is not a guarantee that these bugs or requests will be approved, or handled in the way we want (in fact I'm pretty sure some below will be flatly denied) - but bringing them forward for CM input will at least provide a way to get some closure.
What we need from you
Pick one of the following posts (or perhaps even a different one we missed) and post it as an answer with your reasons for wanting it addressed. One question per post please, votes on these answers will be used to decide what our priorities are. (Of course if the one you want addressed is already posted, upvote it instead). At the end of this process, we will pick the top 5 and add the status-review tag to them:
- Add the photo widget for Screenshot of the Week: Do we want to enable the photo widget for our site?
- Better support for tables in markdown: Can better support be added for creating tables, for science?
- Same again: Is There a Way to Post Spreadsheets in an Answer?
- And better support for equations too? Math Equations, let's use the math.stackexchange version
- Controller buttons for markdown too: Console controller button images instead of <kbd> used mainly for PC keys
- Review Queues should respect ignored tags: Can the review queues respect ignored tags?
- Define and show a template for tag wiki format editing: Could we have the preferred tag wiki format indicated to suggesting users?
- Arqade Meta should say 'meta' in the header: Put the Meta back in Meta Arqade
- Gaming-esque links in profile (Steam, Twitch, Youtube etc) instead of Github: Can we replace the GitHub Profile field with Steam ID?
- The profile website link could be smarter too: Can the profile 'website link' be made to render Steam/YouTube/Twitch channel names like the Twitter one does?
- Ability to mark certain tags as 'shouldn't appear in page title': Allow tags to be blacklisted specifically from appearing in the HTML page title
- The same for Twitter too: Setting priority for Twitter #hashtags from question tags
- Allow Duplicate titles so long as tags are different: Disable the "question with the same title" filter on Arqade
- 'Related Questions' should prioritise 'all tag' matches: Make 'Related' links prioritize questions matching *all* tags
- 'View a random question' button: Random Question
- Old chat theme: Can We Use the Old Chat Theme?
- Onebox twitch links in chat: Onebox Twitch.tv links (both streams and archives) in chat
- Add a way to request 'Peer Review' of edits: Is there some way to request peer review on an edit?
- Flags are handled incorrectly when answer is converted to comment: flag without review
- Visited Hyperlink colour is too dull and hard to see: Visited hyperlinks are hard to distinguish against plain text
- Mod PMs have some funky rendering issues: Moderator message pages aren't limited in width
- The flag modal covers the answer being flagged: The form for flagging an answer obscures the answer being flagged
- Bugs RE: browsing on different devices: