It was discussed recently that the minecraft tag family is potentially up to 6 years behind the actual reality of Minecraft naming conventions and versioning, and a lot of Minecraft tags are used incorrectly all the time, not only because they are so outdated.
I am trying to fix multiple of these problems with this proposal, which I had previously suggested in this post. Since my suggestion seems to have gotten only positive feedback (more upvotes than the question in the same time, no downvotes, only one minor change suggested in the comments, which I implemented here), I'll summarise my proposed changes here and proceed with executing the ones I can do myself after a few weeks, if nobody objects (hopefully with the help of others and hopefully a moderator does the tag merges and synonym deletions).
Since I don't want to create another 13K character monster post, here is the short list of changes and arguments for the most important ones. Please see the earlier post for full descriptions/arguments:
TO BE COMPLETED
This is a list of tasks that are yet to be completed:
- Full review of tag wikis - We need to check that all tag descriptions and wikis are up to date (especially not MCJava related ones)
- Tag wiki edits - for any identified above as being out of date (Please keep the following meta post in mind: How should I write tag wikis?)
These are things that have been completed already. See the linked posts for a full breakdown of tasks.
- Tag renames - including merging and creating synonyms. More Info
- New Tag creation - for relevant topic areas. More Info
- Tag deletion - for tags that aren't needed. More Info
- Retagging questions with more appropriate tags. More Info
- Removing synonyms - old Minecraft terms that are no longer used. More Info
- Blacklisting minecraft and minecraft-console - these tag were replaced with version-specific tags as part of this cleanup, but were being constantly recreated. More Info
Note: Please do not edit the tags of this question, they are all mandatory as per their usage guidelines.