6 years ago (wow!) I asked whether we should synonymise the Streetpass Mii Plaza names. The reason? The games were localised differently in the US, with each minigame gaining a completely different name from their worldwide counterparts.
We attempted to synonymise them, but the discussion petered out without any real consensus as to which way we should go (US-centric or Worldwide), and the highest-voted option (just use the main streetpass-mii-plaza tag), was largely ignored by the community.
The end result? A real mess. Some questions use the US names, some the worldwide names. Some are synonymised and others are treated as completely separate games.
I think it's time to clean it up. With the ability to have 35-character long tags, I'd like to propose a solution that wasn't available to us back in 2013: combining the names into one longer tag. This is what it would look like:
- streetpass-quest, find-mii → streetpass-quest-find-mii (25)
- streetpass-quest-2, find-mii-2 → streetpass-quest-find-mii-2 (27)
- streetpass-garden, flower-town → streetpass-garden-flower-town (29)
- streetpass-squad, mii-force → streetpass-squad-mii-force (26)
- streetpass-battle, warriors-way → streetpass-battle-warriors-way (30)
- streetpass-mansion, monster-manor → streetpass-mansion-monster-manor (32)
- streetpass-zombies, battleground-z → streetpass-zombies-battleground-z (34)
This I feel will solve a couple of issues.
- Give us one dedicated tag per minigame, combining currently separate tags
- Solve the debate of US vs Worldwide naming by making it a non-issue
- Give us better SEO (as page titles have the first tag added to them so we'll list both names in every title)
I'm happy to action this but I'd like to hear the community's thoughts first: what do you think?