Just in case you logged in today and saw that you unlocked new privileges and/or badges without any significant reputation change: Reputation for question upvotes now awards +10, instead of +5.
- The reputation change only applies to questions
- It has been applied retroactively, so the reputation counts as earned when the vote was cast.
- This also means that progress towards badges like 'Epic' and "Legendary' will be calculated correctly
- Downvotes are unaffected, and still give -2
- There is not a clean way to see how much reputation you have gained.
- The easiest way to get an estimate is probably to use the Wayback machine on your user profile page and compare your current rep from the most recent snapshot.
- This Data.SE query made by the wonderful MageXy can give you a rough estimate
- A more precise calculation would be:
PreviousRep = CurrentRep - (QuestionUpvotes * 5).
The reason for this change boils down to the fact that reducing questions to +5 way back in the early days of SE has not had the effect that SE wanted, so they've reverted it back to +10.