I read a question on here with an answer saying that if a topic is mostly about video games then it's okay. So are questions about Twitch on topic?
1Related: Are questions about Discord on-topic?– ThunderforgeSep 30, 2019 at 4:10
Also, we already have questions about Teamspeak and Skype.– ThunderforgeSep 30, 2019 at 4:13
From the Asking section of the Help Center:
What topics can I ask about here?
Arqade is for passionate videogamers from all platforms, including consoles, computers, handhelds, and mobile devices. If your question generally covers things such as …
- Gameplay strategies and tactics
- Puzzle solving or obstacle clearing
- Game mechanics and terminology
- Plot and characters in games
- Game-specific hardware and utilities
Based on this, the questions can fall into two (or more?) categories:
Questions about Streamers
They are off topic as they don't fall on the already mentioned categories. Plus, they might attract low quality, speculative and opinion based answers.
The features of Twitch and the Desktop App
I would say that they are on topic (Game-specific hardware and utilities) as long as they are connected to a game, for example:
- How do I claim my Twitch Prime content on [Game Name]?
- How can I play the games that I have claimed on Twitch?
- How can I download a Minecraft Mod from the Twitch Desktop App?
- How can I show what hero I'm using in Overwatch while streaming on Twitch?
3Also allowed, is gameplay questions using Twitch as a reference: "How do I perform the double jump up this wall as shown by this streamer?"– Robotnik ModSep 27, 2019 at 5:53
I'd say it's about as on-topic as questions about your television or ESPN would be if they happen to be hosting some e-sports.
Which is to say, not really on topic at all.