It was recently noted by a few users that our on-topic page lacks any indication that we don't offer technical support for modded Minecraft. While the on-topic certainly doesn't need to cover everything, we close a lot of Minecraft questions due to this rule. So updating our /help/on-topic to include this makes sense to me.
However, before I go ahead and do that, I figure we might as well just review the page as a whole:
Arqade is for passionate videogamers from all platforms, including consoles, computers, handhelds, and mobile devices. If your question generally covers things such as …
- Gameplay strategies and tactics
- Puzzle solving or obstacle clearing
- Game mechanics and terminology
- Plot and characters in games
- Game-specific hardware and utilities
…then you are in the right place to ask your question!
Please note, however, that site policies prohibit questions of the following types:
- Game and Mod Development (try the Game Development Stack Exchange instead)
- Speculative questions about developer intent, with respect to both mechanics and narrative
- Requests for game identification based on personal recollection alone. See What are the requirements for asking a game identification question?
- Catalogues (listing games that fit specific criteria or are like an existing game)
- Shopping advice and recommendations
- Speculation of the future of the industry and of upcoming releases
- Piracy, and support with pirated games.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before. It’s also OK to ask and answer your own question.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Arqade, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
What changes should we make to this page, if any?