Command & Conquer is a prolific video game series that of course we have questions for on this site. Now that we have a 35 character limit for tags, I think the tagging for those questions needs to be revisited.
The last time tagging was discussed, there were concerns about the 25 character tag limit. The consensus at the time was to get around this limit by having command-and-conquer be a tag that all games in the series, then tagging specific games with the latter part of the name. For instance, a question about Command & Conquer: Red Alert would be tagged with both command-and-conquer and red-alert.
In practice, this hasn't worked out. The tag wiki for command-and-conquer talks exclusively about the original 1995 video game. Some questions are about that game and some are about other games in the series; it's kind of messy.
Proposal going forward
- command-and-conquer (only to be used for the 1995 game)
- tiberian-sun → command-and-conquer-tiberian-sun
- command-and-conquer-3 → command-and-conquer-3-tiberium-wars
- red-alert → command-and-conquer-red-alert
- red-alert-2 → command-and-conquer-red-alert-2
- red-alert-2-yuris-revenge → command-and-conquer-yuris-revenge (this is the name Wikipedia calls the expansion)
- red-alert-3 → command-and-conquer-red-alert-3
- generals → command-and-conquer-generals
In all of these cases except maybe generals, keeping the old tag as a synonym makes sense.
Sadly, Stack Exchange does not allow
& in tags.
Unfortunately, there are three games that exceed the 35 character limit
- Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
- Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour
- Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances
I'd be open to discussion about any of these, especially what to do about Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances.