...like this one?
As it seems it is not clear how to deal with questions when the game version is outdated and the question is new.
In terms of WoW I strongly advise to close questions like that as Off-Topic, because it's just not possible to play the game legally in that state (vanilla or old expansions). When Blizzard opens their new Classic realms we can at least accept those questions again, but until then it's just not possible to play classic/vanilla WoW legally.
- WoW can only be played in its current state (latest expansion and patch applied) and until then the client will tell you to update the game
- Vanilla WoW was playable until 2007 when BC was released
- The vanilla client will still try to connect to old Blizzard services, which have been migrated long ago
- You can not create a private game locally
- Creating private servers is against the ToS, even if they're offline
- Joining them is against the ToS even twice