Since no moderator bothered to answer me privately, I drag this into public.
Moderators are people too, with lives, jobs and families to attend to. We can't respond to everything right away and certainly not when it's an accusation of foul play that requires extra investigation and attention.
For years I had the same user name here...
So you managed to fly under the radar for a little while but quite frankly: that's no excuse. It doesn't excuse the actual content of your display name or bio. We removed the contents of both in accordance with Stack Exchange's 'Be Nice' policy, (which was linked in the initial Private Message):
...these three guidelines may help:
- Rudeness and belittling language are not okay. Your tone should match the way you'd talk in person with someone you respect and whom you want to respect you. If you don't have time to say something politely, just leave it for someone who does.
- Be welcoming, be patient, and assume good intentions. Don't expect new users to know all the rules — they don't. And be patient while they learn. If you're here for help, make it as easy as possible for others to help you. Everyone here is volunteering, and no one responds well to demands for help.
- Don't be a jerk. These are just a few examples. If you see them, flag them:
- Name-calling. Focus on the post, not the person. That includes terms that feel personal even when they're applied to posts (like "lazy", "ignorant", or "whiny").
- Bigotry of any kind. Language likely to offend or alienate individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. will not be tolerated. At all. (Those are just a few examples; when in doubt, just don't.)
- Inappropriate language or attention. Avoid vulgar terms and anything sexually suggestive. Also, this is not a dating site.
- Harassment and bullying. If you see a hostile interaction, flag it. If it keeps up, disengage — we'll handle it. If something needs staff attention, you can use the contact us link at the bottom of every page.
Your Bio fell afoul of Point 3.2: "Language likely to offend or alienate individuals or groups based on... religion", while your Username falls under Point 3.3: "Inappropriate language... avoid vulgar terms". Likewise, your response and general attitude towards this situation, calling people 'Snowflakes' etc basically runs counter to the entire point of the policy.
...and now I am forced to change it because 1 Person got offended?
This seems to be a sticking point with you, so let me be perfectly clear: while it may have been a flag that alerted us to the content of your name & bio, the removal of such is a moderator-level call to make and it was made in accordance with the policy listed above. Disabuse yourself of the notion that the removal actions were the blind result of someone being 'offended'.
Also, what is offensive about having Allahu al akbar in my Bio? I am pretty sure if I put "In God We Trust" in there, it won't get removed...
You have never had 'Allahu al akbar' in your Profile Bio nor your Username. There is an audit trail attached to every edit made to your profile (by you or a moderator for that matter) that we can check for situations like this, and the only content ever to exist in your bio was 'Allahu Snackbar', which is mocking the religion, not supporting it. Don't attempt to twist this into a religion vs religion thing, especially when backing it up with a blatant lie.
Next Steps for your consideration
The removal of your display name and bio and subsequent heads up via PM were done in good faith, with the hope of a happier (or at the very least calmer) resolution than this has become.
What happens next is entirely up to you. As a warning: any continued rudeness, aggression and contempt towards your fellow community members will be met with harsher penalties.
Given the attitude in this meta, comments, chat, the PMs, and especially the poor response towards other community members and the community itself, I would strongly urge you to review the Be Nice policy in its entirety. If in future you disagree with an action taken, so long as you come to the table in a calm and civil fashion we'd be happy to discuss it with you.