I was under the impression that as a rule, we don't allow questions asking for external, third party resources. However, as part of a minor debate that happened on this question, I realized that I could not find an official meta post about this. There has been at least one meta discussion (see here) about whether or not asking for guides is on-topic or not. The consensus appears to be that questions asking for guides are often just poorly worded requests for a help on a general topic, and can still be valid question with some editing.
However, there are a lot of questions that aren't asking for guides. Some are definitely asking for external resources, and the only possible answers turn out to be links to those resources. For example,
- What are some good websites to get statistics on Champion and their builds? (closed)
- Good map of Skyrim? (closed)
- Patch notes for Playstation (closed)
- Where can I find patch notes for every Disagea 4 patch? (closed)
- Official statistics of each season (closed)
- GTA: Online Bikers DLC (open)
- Changes in league of legends champions (open)
- Full change/improvement list for Beyond Earth Rising Tide compared to the original game? (closed)
- Where can I find gun stats? (open)
- Where can I find Tasteless casts? (closed)
- Where can I find a fusion chart? (open)
- How to get the official statistics of LoL? (open but downvoted)
- How to get the statistics of LoL which is not shown in the official site (open)
- Spreadsheet with StarCraft 2 units statistics (closed)
- Battlefield 3 weapons statistics (damage, etc.) (open)
(These example questions were found by entering search terms "patch notes", "where can I find", and "statistics")
My gut feeling is that a lot of these fall under the "Shopping and recommendations" part of the off-topic list. However, I think that specific rule is meant for questions asking about game recommendations ("I like RPGs, what games should I play?" type questions).
Since I couldn't find any meta posts specifically about non-guide external resource requests, I wanted to find out what the official community stance is.