So a little while ago, I noticed my recent achievements button was green denoting I had gotten a new badge. I clicked on it and it displayed no new badges, but when I went to my profile it showed that my most recent badge earned was the Excavator one. I clicked on it to show which post I had gotten it from, but it only displayed the post I had originally gotten the badge from, and nothing indicating why I had gotten a new one. Now, when I look at my recent badges, it shows the Convention badge which I earned before I supposedly got the Excavator badge. Also my total bronze badge count on my profile for Arqade shows me having 50 of them, but if I count them manually, I only have 49 total.
It looks like this was broken and fixed.
We just did a major revamp of how badges are awarded behind the scenes to drastically reduce the load on SQL Server. It now takes advantage of some pre-compute work we're doing to track badge progress in the profile.
However, I screwed up 2 queries...