I was recently informed that questions involving Minecraft mods are off-topic. As a new user to Arqade who is attempting to help out the community, where should I direct users asking questions on this information?

To be specific, I am referring to questions involving mod-specific crashes, not "gimmeh teh codez" questions.

  • 1
    It might be true in this particular case, but generally don't take one chat message (from someone who isn't even a moderator) as a blanket statement of site policy. That said, I don't think there is a designated SE site to send questions regarding modded Minecraft crashes. I would suggest the forums for said mod. Do note, however, that mod related questions that aren't technical support are perfectly acceptable. Commented Mar 6, 2016 at 21:45
  • The related meta is here. There is no other Stack Exchange for these questions because they are not off-topic because we don't like them. They are off-topic because they just don't work as questions in the StackExchange format.
    – MrLemon
    Commented Mar 7, 2016 at 9:40

1 Answer 1


If you want to, you direct them to ask the mod creators for support. Beyond that, there's not really much we can do for them.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .