The help center currently only lists the following topics as off-topic:
- Game and Mod Development (try the Game Development Stack Exchange instead)
- Speculative questions about developer intent, with respect to both mechanics and narrative
- Requests for game identification based on personal recollection alone
- Catalogues (listing games that fit specific criteria or are like an existing game)
- Shopping advice and recommendations
- Speculation of the future of the industry and of upcoming releases
- Piracy, and support with pirated games.
In April we decided that technical support for modded Minecraft is now off-topic. As such we have closed quite a few1 questions, but we still get some questions since the only explanatory posts are on meta.
All the other off-topic reasons are there, so why isn't this one?