There are huge fundamental differences already known between the 3ds and WiiU version of Smash Bros 4 tag. The previous meta post indicates we'd like to stick with
smash-bros-4, but since there are fundamental differences, including ui, gamemmodes, matchmaking, characters, I think it's far better if we had different separate tags.
- Both versions have Classic Mode.
- However, the mode is vastly different between versions.
- Both versions have All Star Mode.
- However, the order the characters are faced is different between versions.
- Both versions have Target Blast.
- However in the Wii U version, the second bomb is bigger and there will be three different maps
A majority of stages seemingly will be exclusive to one version or the other. The 3DS version will feature more stages from handheld games, while the Wii U version will feature more stages from console games as well as more stages in general. Even the two games' versions of Battlefield, while possibly identical in physics, will be different in aesthetics. The WiiU version will also have **larger
stages such as Big Battlefield to allow for 8 player Smash**
The Wii U version includes Stage Builder, which has been overhauled since its appearance in Brawl.
- Smash Run is unique to the 3DS version.
- Smash Tour, Events, Special Smash, Stage Builder, and Special Orders are all unique to the Wii U version.
I think you can see how annoying it would be to hunt through each question to find the "well, this is actually for WiiU/3DS" tidbit, instead of having a tag that instantly allows us to figure out which version they may be talking about.