On the SEO front & duplication, I thought I'd have a look around at this
ig4dev32.dll & co issue. I found quite a few questions of the same crash around, in varying states of duplication, closure, and answers. Let's rectify that.
These two questions are answered well and have upvotes and general activity.
- MrLemon's 'Seed' Question: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/213699/minecraft-crashes-on-launch-with-exception-access-violation-problematic-frameMinecraft crashes on launch with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, Problematic frame: ig4dev32.dll or ig4dev64.dll or ig4icd32.dll or ig4icd64.dll
- 5 months old, 2795 views
- Laricus Rich's Question: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/178772/minecraft-forge-1-7-10-keeps-crashing-as-soon-as-i-launch-the-gameMinecraft Forge 1.7.10 keeps crashing as soon as I launch the game with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)?
- 14 months old, 23414 views
These are questions that have the same crash, but are closed or otherwise abandoned.
Duplicates of #1
- http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/213681/minecraft-a-fatal-error-has-been-detected-by-the-java-runtime-environmentMinecraft "A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment"
- http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/170277/minecraft-1-7-9-wont-launchMinecraft 1.7.9 won't launch
Duplicates of #2
- http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/191360/minecraft-crashes-with-exception-access-violation-0xc0000005Minecraft crashes with "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)" (Marked Duplicate of the above)
- http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/205643/exception-access-violation-0xc0000005https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/205643/exception-access-violation-0xc0000005 (actually duped to the above question, a 'dupe chain' as it were)
Subsequently Deleted (10k only links)
- Minecraft Launcher gives an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Fatal ErrorMinecraft Launcher gives an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Fatal Error (58 views)
- Java Hotspot 64-bit Server VM WarningJava Hotspot 64-bit Server VM Warning (34 views)
Both of these were duped to #1 before being deleted.
So, onto the plan of action:
Merge Question #2 into Question #1.Done!
- Whilst Larcius' has been around for longer and has more views, I feel the question itself would need to be generalised too much for it to be our 'golden' source of truth, as it were. Thus I recommend that this question be merged (or simply duplicated) with MrLemon's more generalised one.
- Duplicate the rest to Question #1
- Ideally, they should all be duplicated to the same source, and their viewcount monitored over the next year or so. If they are redirecting lots of users to the canonical question, they should stay. If they aren't getting many views, they should be deleted.
If there's any of this particular crash's questions I've missed, please edit them in.